Drug & Alcohol Addiction Awareness Certification
Drug and alcohol addiction has grown ever more prevalent in modern society. There are varying levels of this often misunderstood disorder, and the ability to recognise each of them has become increasingly important, especially in the workplace.
Employees with substance abuse disorders have a tendency to be less productive and produce a lower quality of work. Identifying these individuals and getting them the help that they need is vital in maintaining a healthy work environment.
Through familiarising yourself and other staff with the warning signs, you can learn to quickly detect when an individual may be developing an issue. However, just being aware of the problem is often not enough, so it is also necessary to learn about the treatment options available and how different options are more applicable to different issues.
This enlightening 10 module course will guide your team members through everything they need to know, in order to tackle this complex issue.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Here is a taste of what your staff members can expect to cover:
- What drug and alcohol addiction is and which professions are most at risk;
- The difference between the normal consumption of alcohol and when it is deemed to be problematic;
- The differences between different types of drugs, both legal and illicit;
- How to recognise when someone is suffering from substance abuse and how to tell the difference between different types of drugs and alcohol;
- The common myths associated with substance abuse issues;
- The legalities surrounding this issue are and the most common penalties in relation to drug and alcohol addiction;
- Why it’s so important to be aware of problematic drug and alcohol use in the workplace and a company’s legal obligations, once they’ve determined that an employee is exhibiting signs of addiction.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
There are a range of benefits of successfully completing this course. These benefits include:
- Learning to recognise the signs of addiction and how to approach the topic with kindness and compassion;
- Helping your employees identify those struggling with substance abuse issues;
- The ability to study at the time and from the place that best suits them;
- Upon successful completion of the course, your employees receive an industry-recognised and fully accredited certification;
- Employees are able to access the course materials on any device they choose, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.