A mind map is a diagram used to visually organise information, the term “mind map” was first popularised by Tony Buzan in the 1970’s. This technique is used by millions of people all over the world, it can help unlock your creativity, boost your memory and change your life. It’s simple and fun to do.
Remember there is no limit to the number of thoughts, ideas and connections that your brain can make, mind mapping can help you:
- Think clearly and creatively
- Solve problems and make confident decisions / choices
- Plan and prioritise
- Remember anything you want
- Manage and take control of your life
- Take notes
- Brainstorm a topic (individually or in groups)
- Present information
You can mind map anything…
For example, you can mind map Goal Setting:
- Take a plain piece of paper and write the topic (Goal Setting) in the middle of the page.
- Draw 6 branches off the central bubble (Goal Setting) and give each branch a title / topic. Use colour, pictures, symbols to help bring your mind map to life.
- Career / Business
- Personal Growth
- People / Relationships
- Health & Wellbeing
- Values & Beliefs
- From each main branch you can then create subbranches off each title /topic and use key words for that area. Still using colours and symbols you may also want to increase the thickness of a line to give it a more prominent point / meaning.
- Mind Mapping help you to break down topics into manageable chunks, so that you can plan effectively without getting overwhelmed and without forgetting something important.
Enjoy creating your wonderful and inspiring Mind Maps.
If you are looking into at making changes in your life and wanting to work with an experienced life coach then talk to us now.