New year, new resolutions and with the weight loss industry doing everything they can to entice us in to buying their products and promises of losing weight fast, we have created our top secrets to losing weight more naturally.
Top tips to losing weight:
We think we have to “Diet” to lose weight and it’s all about what you eat and your relationship with food. A lifestyle change can give you the weight loss and keep it that way. By sticking to these lifestyle changes you can lose weight and create a better balance with food.
2. Eat regularly. We often believe if we skip a meal, that we will lose weight and it will stay off, skipping meals puts your body in the starvation mode and which can eventually lead to accumulation of fat. Skipping a meal leads to over eating at your next meal, possibly increasing the chances of gaining weight. Eat smaller portions, regularly. Opt for healthy options to keep your metabolism and your energy levels boosted.
3. Keep a food dairy. Tracking what you eat helps as a tool on your journey to weight loss. It really does have a big affect on your lifestyle and diet choices. If you are Consistently logging your food helps you consider why and when you’re eating and how hungry or satisfied you feel. This record-keeping can help you have a more positive relationship with food in general. It draws your attention to food-related pitfalls that may have previously thrown you off-track and gives you the information you need to move forward from a place of honesty. It can help you notice any negative feelings related food, and identify why you might be eating for reasons that have nothing to do with how hungry you actually felt.
4. Drinking Water. Keeping yourself well hydrated as sometimes your body may confuse thirst with hunger. Drinking plenty of water can keep you fuller for longer.
5. To snack or not to snack! Keep is important that you choose the right snack. Keep snacks ready to go and on hand each day, so they are easy to snack on. Fresh fruit, a handful of nuts, or some salad sticks with humous are quick and easy snacks. Try your own version of a healthy snack by combining carbohydrates with proteins, as they keep you full for longer.
6. Exercising regularly: Build it into your day as every bit helps, take the stairs at work, walk to the shops if you can, take a walk around the park, meet friends for a walk, go for a run, take your dog for a walk, online exercise videos… Find the time to indulge in physical activities for 25-30 minutes allow your heart rate to increase. Use a fitness App / Fitness watch to help keep track of the number of steps your doing a day and a lot now also can track your heart rate and sleep.
7. Sleep. Getting a good nights sleep every night is key to keeping your energy levels right allowing clear decisions around what you want to eat. Getting adequate, quality sleep is an important part of a healthy weight loss plan.
Losing weight needs us to take control of our eating habits and lifestyle, being honest with ourselves which leads to the positive changes we want to make and Weight Loss ? Ask yourself how long has it taken to put the weight on? 6 months, 2 years, 5 years? … is it reasonable to say that it’s going to time loose weight, which will then stay off as you’re also going to make lifestyle and habit changes that are sustainable.
Short-term fad diets can never be realistic or sustainable, they are just that Short-term!
I did all the above lost weight, got fitter and felt so much healthier, plus kept the weight off after years of fad diets. Talk to us today about our weight loss plan.
Note: It is recommended you see a licensed physician or licensed healthcare professional for any physical or psychological aliment you may have.